Subject: Re: SAS Keywords (__saveds etc)
From: [email-masked] (James Cooper)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 14:52:30 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Staale L. Hansen) writes:
>In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (James Cooper) writes:
>[...]
>|>         int __asm foo(register __a3 char *bar);
>|>
>|> This says that function "foo" will receive its only parameter in register
>|> A3, rather than the default for pointers of A0.
>
>But how do you specify which register the return value will be in? As
>far as I can see there is NO way to do this, you get register D0
>whether you like it or not.

Well, if you have SAS/C V6.50+, you could use the '#pragma amicall'
directive we added for MANX support.  It allows specifying a different
return register than D0 (though D0 is still the default).

I've never needed this, but I'm sure someone could come up with a case
where it would be handy... I probably could as well, if I thought about
it a while...  :-)

-- 
---------------
Jim Cooper
([email-masked])                             bix: jcooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Remember, "Euphemisms are for the differently brained."